Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SPRING BREAK!!!!

A wild and crazy vAcA to Cancun?!
No thanks. We'll take whats behind door #2.
Sore throats, stuffy noses and headaches - all around!

Today marks the very last day of spring break for Mat's college career, and we are all miserable. Ok, not miserable, but sick.
Some would be disappointed to miss out on the fun in the sun, but not us.
Sure, a tan and a pina colada would be nice...
but a pack of 'boogie wipes' and a bottle of motrin are ok too.

Parents don't get days off.
You're sick? Too bad. Still have to take care of your two year old.
Your husband is sick too? Too bad. Still have to take care of your two year old.
You're all sick at the same time? Well thats a different story...

Aside from taking 2 baths a day, 3 hour naps, and sleeping 13 hours at night, all Avary wants to do is cuddle up in our bed and watch her favorite movies.
Which means, that's all I've been doing.
Ok, not exactly, but I have been able to rest, and take care of myself and Mat, which has been nice.
Any chance we get all three of us are tucked in our bed, drinking juice, eating chicken noodle soup and watching disney movies (Peter Pan for the first time tonight - a big hit!).
I can't complain.

Cancun? You can keep it.
I've got my little family.
And we've got a virus.

3 comments:

  1. Aww I'm sorry your sick.. but look how freakin cute she looks even when she is sick!! she is one adorable little girl!! and you are a really cute mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY THAT'S THE BLANKET I MADE!!! YAY!!!

    Missy, you are such a good writer! You really need to write that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Katie - She calls it "katie's blanket"!
    And thanks. I am working on the book, but It's hard for me to get inspired. I have everything in my head, I'm just not sure how to get it out. With this blog it's easy cause I have pictures and Avary inspiring me constantly.

    ReplyDelete