Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It was a rainy day...

so we stayed in for most of it.

But I do have a couple of funny stories to tell.

Last night Avary woke up crying, so Mat and I went into her room. She was clearly still 'out of it' and making no sense. She stopped crying, but was still upset. I kept trying to calm her down (by reminding her that she is a princess, and she needs to dream of kissing a frog - this usually works like a charm!) But, she wouldn't go for it.
Eyes still closed, she continued to fuss and then turn to me as if she had suddenly regained consciousness, looked me in the eyes and said with a confused voice,
"What am I doing???"
I couldn't help but laugh.
I explained why I was in her room, and again reminded her that she was a princess.
She rolled over, and was out like a light.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

This afternoon, Avary went with Mat to the grocery store, and was completely preoccupied with a "clip" (a hangnail) the entire time.
Until, a muffled voice came over the intercom..."so and so to the bakery."
Avary looked up from the nail she'd been chewing. She looked around, then turned to Mat with a confused look, then looked up toward the ceiling, then back at Mat and said
"Daddy...It said 'Avary' up there!!!"
She'd confused 'bakery' for her own name.
Mat chuckled a bit, and humored her, "Yep. They did." and continued to push the cart through the store.
Soon the muffled voice came from overhead again, "So and so to the bakery."
Avary's eyes quickly shot upward, and she yelled, "YEAH?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment