Saturday, February 27, 2010

Married to a Musician

Avary has a cold, so tonight we decided to give her a second bath for the day. She loves to play with 'Octi' and her tub crayons, but we also thought the warm water would feel nice and help with her stuffy nose. There's nothing glamourous about spending your Saturday night bathing a 2 year old with a cold - but that doesn't mean it can't be fun
- if your married to a musician.
My wonderful husband spent his morning working, while Avary and I shopped Ikea with my parents. Then as soon as he was done (and we were still out) he (without being asked) cleaned our entire house - organized Avary's room, washed dishes, washed sheets, cleaned the toilet! When A and I got home, he took his little girl, cleaned her face, changed her diaper, and put her down for her nap.
I am one lucky woman.
As grateful as I am for everything Mat does, what makes me the happiest are nights like tonight. As I sat and watched Avary splash and play, Mat got out his acoustic guitar, and brought it in to our tiny bathroom. The three of us were crammed in there like sardines as he doodled with random riffs. Soon Avary was requesting 'Hey Jude' and we all sang along. Then on to 'Any day' (which I love to sing with Mat!), and other Beatles tunes at A's request.
Sounds simple enough - but it's nights like this - the three of us - our little family -doing what we love and just 'wasting time' together - that make me the happiest.
I couldn't ask for a smarter, cuter, sweeter little girl - and couldn't imagine a better daddy for her. I am so lucky to get to spend the rest of my life with such a wonderful man.
My best friend.
My love.
Mat - come waste your time with me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! What a fun family you have! : ) Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I goofed on my previous comment... so here goes again...

    I love your blog! What a sweet family...

    ReplyDelete