Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reminiscing...October 8th 2007










OVER ONE MONTH before she was born! Needless to say - By the end I was HUGE!






All drugged up and ready to go!














Avary Mae Wennergren
born at LDS hospital
at 6:23 pm  -  8lbs 10oz  -  21 1/2 inches long












But it wasn't that easy...

8 days over due, infiltrated IV, being told by the nurse that I'd "have to have a cesarean - you won't be able to push this baby out",  2 1/2 hours of pushing,  And then....

(a snippet taken from what I had previously written about Avary's birth)


**There were unexpected complications and my daughter came out bright blue, and silent. Then out of urgency my midwife cut the umbilical cord (which my husband had planned on doing) and we heard a quick cry. My brother let out a burst of joy and relief and said “there it is!”  The calm didn’t last long. My baby, only moments old turned an even darker blue than before. My midwife told my husband to take the oxygen mask off of me and put it on our newborn.  The room went quiet. The panic (at least it seemed to me) began. The emergency respiratory unit was called and my baby was taken from my chest and rushed across the hall. Luckily moments later she began to cry, regained her color, and suffered no further complications. **

Reading over the story, it seems like no big deal, but I assure you it was quite dramatic.
Apparently some of those that were in the room with me - my sister (who has had 2 children), my mom (whose had 8!), and my brother (a tough guy...ok secretly sensitive - don't tell) all went home and bawled and ate ice cream to cope.


This is one of my FAVORITE photos. 
I'm holding Avary's hand, but more importantly,
Mat instantly jumped in and took care of his baby girl. So sweet!

In the emergency respiratory unit



Avary's first bath!



Right after her first bath at home - 3 days old


1 comment:

  1. oh my land...i had no idea. what a nightmare missy!!

    i love that you have a blog, FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete