Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's not healthy, it's good!

"It's not healthy, it's good!" Avary's response during lunch today when I said to her "Drink your milk, it's healthy."
My days are filled with sweet little moments like this. I love that I get the extreme honor of raising this adorable little girl. She is constantly cracking us up. She is our little parrot - she copies everything we say (whether we want her to or not) But also comes up with completely random things of her own. Here are some of her latest:

"There's no way I'm kissing a frog, and eating a bUg in the same day."
&  "I'm not a princess. I'm a waitress." -quoted from the movie The princess and the frog
"Watch - and learn."
"Oh. That's kinda cool."
"NO books. NO songs. NO BEDTIME."
"It's not nap time. Get back to work!"
"You wanna kiss me?"
"How about......YES."  &  "Um......Maybe, YES." -anytime we say no, or maybe. Usually when she asks for a treat or to watch a show.
"Heenah" or "AheenahHee" This is one of the few things that Avary says, that we have NO clue what it means. She uses it for everything. "Heenah, Heenah key?" (Handing us the car key) "Aheenah heenah hurts." (Pointing to her arm) "Aheenah Hee, Heenah Atticus, and Heenah Davis...." (Telling us a story??)
"Octoputumus" (Octopus) -She doesn't mean to say it incorrectly, it just comes out that way every single time. "Avary, Say Octopus." "Octoputumus." "OCT O PUS." "Octoputumus." Love it!
"Holy Moly SPICY!"  - yeah, I'm pretty sure this is all me. I can't remeber the last time I ate something spicy though, so she must have a good memory!

Some other random things A is into right now:

-Nick names! She loves to give everyone and everything nick names.
"Spencie Spence" (Spencer) "Katie Kate" (Katie) "Octi" (Octopus toy) Even people she's meeting for the first time.
-Spencer. (My friend Katie's husband) She has a SERIOUS crush on him. Even pretends to call him, then laughs and giggles into the phone and says "Oh, Spencie."(This is how the nick names started - but extended from there)
-The Beatles. OBSESSION. This includes carrying around a restoration hardware catalog  that happens to have the band on the front. It's her "Beatles book" Watching "The Wonder Pets save The Beatles" dvd, over and over and over. And of course rocking out on her little instruments singing "Hey Jude" or saying "I'm a drummer like Ringo" Which will bring me to her next obsession...
-Mat's band members. "I'm a drummer like JOEY! I'm just like JOEY!" This one comes up most often, but we do hear-  "I'm playing the trumpet like Anthony!" "Anthony plays keys!" The most random has got to be with Nate. "Nate is tall." "I want to call Nate." "Thank you for Nate." (Saying her 'Thank yous' before bed)

Ok, obviously I could ramble on forEVER about my little A, so I'll stop here.  But I will add for your enjoyment a couple of videos that crack us up.





2 comments:

  1. That girl has got some rhythm! And I'm so glad you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete