Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baby number 2!

By now, everyone knows that we are expecting our 2nd - but I am desperately trying to catch up the blog and include everything that has been missed.

Mat and I had decided that after getting (re)married, it would be a great time to add another member to the family.
Toward the end of August I started to experience a few symptoms of pregnancy. The typical exhaustion and nausea. We tried not to get too excited, of course it was too soon know for sure.

Then on August 30th, while Mat was at his parents helping with a computer problem, I randomly decided to take the test. I prepared myself for a big old negative - it really was far too early for such an immature pregnancy to show up.

Even with all the signs and symptoms, I was completely shocked to see that little blue plus sign.

I immediately texted Mat asking when he'd be home. I hadn't planned to find out that night. I wanted to come up with a fun way to tell him.

I couldn't contain myself. I ran downstairs (where our friends Katie and Spencer were living at the time). I blurted out the news and asked for ideas on a fun way to tell Mat.

Then I got a text from Mat. He was on his way. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. So this is what I came up with.

When he got home, I asked if he would like to look through some photo edits I'd been working on while he was gone. Who knows what the photos were from - maybe our Sun Valley trip? - I can't remember. But after about 10 photos I placed these.


Mat was so surprised and excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment