Thursday, May 27, 2010

Marker Monster

So, the other day Avary received a couple of wonderful little preschool workbooks. Each one came with a dry erase marker so that toddlers could practice writing letters. 
Avary and I worked at this concept for a little while until she got bored. 
But only bored with tracing - no where near bored with the marvelous markers!
And I have to admit, they are pretty marvelous as far as markers go. Very smooth and inky for a preschool workbook.
Anyway, A continued to color ALL over the workbooks. She carried the markers and books with her everywhere all day. 
Eventually, she realized that they worked nicely on her arm as well. Mat explained that markers were only for the workbooks. A agreed.
The next day, she demanded her beloved workbooks again. And again, colored all over her arms. I warned her that if she couldn't keep the markers on the workbook, that I would have to take them away. I truly believed that the message had sunk in.

Later that afternoon, as Mat was teaching and Avary was 'napping' I sat and listened to the chit chat and giggles coming through the monitor. I went in her room a couple of times to remind her that it was time to sleep. Not play.
I left her in her bed, and went back to listening. 
It stayed mostly quiet, but I could tell that she was awake and moving around. I figured as long as she wasn't talking and playing that she would eventually fall asleep.
About 15 minutes went by and she was talking again. 
I went into her room, to find her standing in the middle of her room, her back toward me.
She turned, raised her 'claw shaped' hands to her face, and growled.
"I'M A MONSTER!!!"
 



1 comment: